Ciara Healy-Musson is a Writer, Book Artist, Curator and Lecturer in Art,
Culture & Heritage at IT Carlow, Ireland. She is the recipient of an IMPACT Research Award from University of Reading (2016), a Large Grant Award from Arts Council Wales for a curatorial research project titled Thin Place (2015) and she was one of the 2011 recipients of the Wales Arts International and Axis Critical Writing Award.
Other Published work.
• Healy, C. (forthcoming 2019) Book chapter in Climate and culture: multidisciplinary perspectives of knowing, being and doing in a climate change world, Cambridge University Press.
• Healy, C (2015) Thin Place, Arts Council Wales: Oriel Myrddin Gallery ISBN 978-0-9551434-5
• Healy C. (2017) Objects of Survival. Keynote Paper delivered at Postgraduate Art & Humanities Conference, University of Dundee.
• Healy, C. And Stead, S. (2016) Already the world – A Post-humanist Dialogue. Paper delivered at Alter Rurality 3, Letterfrack, Ireland, 8th June 2016.
• Healy, C. And Modeen, M. (2015) Vibrant Places – A Thin Place Dialogue. Paper delivered at the 2015 Association for Literature and Environment Conference, University of Cambridge, 2nd September 2015.
• Healy C, (2014) How art curation can form an access point to the ‘spiritual.’ Nazarene Theological College, University of Manchester.
• Healy, C. (2013) Forever Beginning: An introduction to the concept of Thinness and its potential significance to curatorial practice. University of Leeds.
• Healy, C. (2013) Thin Curating: An introduction to trans-disciplinary curatorial practice, University of Swansea.
• Healy, C. (2013) Keeper, A Literary Exploration of the Loved Object, Swansea Metropolitan University.
• Healy, C. (2018) Usually She is Disappointed, Fotograf, Volume 17, Issue 32 pp82-87, Prague: Czech Republic.
• Healy, C. (2014) Net Curtains, Textile, Volume 12, Issue 3 pp. 378 – 383, London: Bloomsbury.
• Healy C. (2014) And the Night was Kind, The Blue Notebook: Journal for Artists Books, Volume 8, 2014.
• Healy, C. (2014) Review of Fixed Position, Flora Parrott at Tintype, London: This Is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2014) Review of Mooner at Arcade gallery, London: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2013) Review of ArtFarm Residency, Dublin: Visual Arts Newssheet.
• Healy, C. (2013) Review of Jo Addison at Tintype Gallery, London: This Is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2013) Review of Prodigal in Blue at Laura Bartlett Gallery, London: This is Tomorrow
• Healy, C. (2013) Review of Y O U at Oriel Mostyn, London: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2013) Difference Engine at Oriel Myrddin, London: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy C. (2012) Review of Motion Capture at the Lewis Glucksman Gallery, Cork: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2012) Review of My Bad, Bedwyr Williams at IKON, Birmingham: ArtReview.
• Healy, C. (2012) Review of Crazee Golf, Tintype Gallery, London: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2012) Looking to Remember: A Literary Exploration of the work of Sara Barker London: Axis.
• Healy, C. (2012) Review of Left of Place, Mary Maclean at Five Years Gallery, London: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2012) Review of Caroline Achaintre, Sara Barker, Alice Channer, Eastside Projects Birmingham: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy, C. (2012) Coal Dust Mandala, Review of Jonathan Anderson Exhibition, London: This is Tomorrow.
• Healy-Musson, C. (2020) Natasha Pike, And Almost I Am Back Again, Lismore Castle Arts
• Healy C. & Mackey C. (2007) Riverworks, Sligo: Arts Council of Ireland.
• Healy, C. (2014) Miranda Whall, Bath: Institute of Contemporary Interdisciplinary Arts (ICIA)
• Healy, C. (2014) Mary Modeen, Edinburgh: Edinburgh Printmakers.
• Healy, C. (2013) Keeper, A Literary Exploration of the Loved Object, Swansea: Mission Gallery.
• Healy, C (2011) Tracing the Aura of Place, Catalogue Essay for Field Notes, Arts Council Wales: Oriel Myrddin.
• Healy, C. (2015) Ghost Loop, Essay Commissioned for Black Diamond, created by Serena Korda for Confluence, Wales.
• Healy C. (2014) The Unfolding. Essay Commission for Journey : Response to Place, created by members of Sculpture Cymru, Wales.
• Healy, C. (2013) Critical Essay Commission for Matt White, Wing of a Fly, Spike Island, Bristol: Arts Council, England.
• Healy C. (2013) Certain Trees, Artists Book Essay Commission for David Harker, London: Axis.
Find out more
Get in touch to discuss any of my work or future work.